Fixing My Reject Dresser: Reveal

My reject dresser is now hip and chic thanks to some paint, thrifty accessories, and of course a bit of elbow grease. You might remember from this post that my reject dresser used to look like this:
I got this bad boy for a mere $50 on Craigslist. He came already primed (although I touched him up a bit). I then ventured out to Home Depot with my pillowcase from my bed set in tow. I ended up purchasing a $2.50 paint sample of Behr’s Juniper Ash that I used for the entire project. I even had some left over. I got a little creative and decided to paint the top and front of the dresser blue in addition to the knobs. And, of course, when it was all said and done, I did two coats of polyurethane for good measure. Here it is in progress:
Here are the knobs primed. (I did the rest by hand.)
For my accessories, I spray painted three $0.79 IKEA vases white (I love the ostrich-like texture on them!):
Then I grabbed my “dream” sign from the estate sale I talked about here. 
And, of course, I snatched up my “new” antique milk glass that you might remember from this post.
Here is the finished product:
I hope you like it as much as I do. Here it is with the pillowcase draped over it, so you can see how close the color match is:
Also, here are the drawers up close. You can see I painted blue in between them:
Lastly, here’s a little close up of my milk glass, where my park ranger badge and name tag now live. Now I can easily grab them in the morning hustle!
So just to recap, my dresser went from this:
To this:
All in all this project cost me $76.00
Here’s the breakdown:
Dresser: $50.00
1 Can Primer: $3.50
1 Can Sample Paint: $2.50
Poly: Already Owned
Accessories: Approx. $20.00
Hope you enjoy this one! Now that I have storage, I guess I better get to folding all this laundry!
I am linking up to: {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {